Tuesday 21 February 2012

It's the Brits!

It is the brit awards tonight! 2012!! i am secretly very excited! I have watched the brit's every year since i was 6 years old. (the spice girls performance in 1997 is still my all time favourite!) i was tonight suppose to be having a brit awards party with my best friend tonight, but she has a job interview tomorrow that she needs to prep for; so i will be watching them alone in my bedroom with my two cats cheering everyone on :D

Tonight's show will be including performances from Rihanna, Adele, Ed Sheeran, Chase and status, coldplay and Bruno Mars. But who will be the big duet this year? Im not sure, but i definately remember beeing disappointed with last years duet from Paloma Faith and that guy who sang the 'forget you' which was actaully called 'fuck you' song.

In the last 12 months the music industry has lost two of it's biggest voices and personalities; Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston. Tonight's ceromany will be paying tribute to both artists with proformances.

NOW MY PREDITIONS FOR TONIGHT - 

Best British Male -
Ed Sheeran
James Blake
James Morrison
Noel Gallagher's high flying birds
Professor Green

i predict - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

 
 
British Female Solo Artist -

Adele
Jessie J
Kate Bush
Laura Marling
Florence and the Machine
 
I predict - Adele


 
 
 
British Breakthrough Act -

Anna Calvi
Ed Sheeran
Emeli Sande
Jessie J
The Vaccines

I predict - Jessie J (Though i would like to Anna Calvi win)


 
British Group -
Arctic Monkeys
Chase and Status
Coldplay
Elbow
Kasabian


I predict - differcult but i think it will be Arctic Monkeys or Elbow



Best British Single -
 There must be something wrong with british music today when The Wanted and One Direction are nominated for British Single........

I predict -  Adele: Someone Like you (how can you forget last years performance!!)



MasterCard British Album of the Year - 
Adele - 21
Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
Ed Sheeran - +
Florence & The Machine - Ceremonials
PJ Harvey - Let England Shake




I predict - Adele or PJ Harvey


And the rest.....

International Male - I predict: Aloe Blacc

International Female - I predict: Lady Gaga

International Group - I predict: Fleet Foxes

International Breakthrough  - I predict: Lana Del Rey 


Let see if i am right then!! Happy Brits Party everyone!


1 comment:

  1. you got sommat mate,thats for sure..i saw your picture here of adelle and realised i would like to wake up with her..your fashion page i landed on in search of pics of the gorgeous 'pearl lowe'but even though daisy is drop-dead,she is allways in the pictures too,so very hard to find pearl on her own,..which thankfully brought me to thee and jolly glad it didtoo..it will be double jolly if you tell me it was yourself wearing the short/mini dress,(black)no head but body beautiful? on your fashion page (out of date?)..i love your look,but i love your wordery,dont conform-ever.x

    ReplyDelete